Saturday, May 05, 2007

Avery's MRI results

Yesterday Avery & I met with Dr. Deutsch for her MRI results. All looks great with her gray matter! There is some small areas of bleeding, not in the brain, but between the dura and the outside of her head (I think I got that right). Most likely that is from brusing during her birth. He said that there was probably more and that it is already resolving on its own. It is not an issue right now, but, at the recommendation of the Neurologist he consulted, she is to have another MRI in a month. They just want to make sure those areas aren't getting larger. He was very impressed at her weight gain (14 oz.) since he had seen her last week, how much better her color was, and how much more alert she was. He admitted that he was quite concerned last week after we left that Avery was headed for a feeding tube.

Now the challenge is keeping up her intake while getting her back to the breast. Any suggestions? I'll welcome any. Wish us luck!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luck, luck, luck!

I don't have any suggestions, Jen. As I remember, you were always the best resource on breastfeeding and nutrition, giving us more hints for Annika during her no-milk period than anyone else.

I need to call. I'm just afraid I'll catch you at a bad time. You can call me, too. Anytime.

We're thinking of Avery, and all of you.

Jenn said...

Moreena,

Call if you like. If I can't talk, I won't answer. I'm pretty good at that. Tomorrow afternoon I'm taking Avery to be evaluated by a speech therapist so I'll be gone then, but maybe we could talk in the morning? Thinking LOTS of you guys, too. Take care -Jenn

MOMTIP said...

I love your blog. Hope that your family is all doing well. As the grandmother of 4 boys under the age of 6 I know how hectic life can be. I think of you every morning as I check my blog list. Prayers to your family from ours.