Thursday, April 03, 2008

Goin' Green

O.k., w/my new laptop in hand (actually on my lap, usually w/me falling asleep w/it there) I have been researching ways our family can become more green. We already recycle, shred our paper & give it to my parents to use in their garden (or we put it out in the recycling), always do full loads of laundry, try to limit our shower lengths (no easy task for me w/Scott & Riley in the house)...anyway, now I am trying using cloth napkins instead of paper, making my own cleaners w/"safe" for kids ingredients, installing an aerator on our kitchen faucet, and now (I'm so excited about this one!) using gDiapers instead of disposables. I'm so nnnnooottt a cloth diaper person, but this, I can handle. They are awesome & cute! A bit more cost than my Target disposables I was buying, but much more friendly to the environment. Just a bit higher cost than the Huggies Supreme. I think its worth the cost. Hopefully, by people like me talking about how great they are and turning on others to them, the company can lower their cost. Enjoy the pics of her in her little g's! I'd love for people to sign my guestbook w/suggestions of their favorite going "green" thing!
Also, Avery is 1 week into a milk challenge. She had allergy testing that came back negative so we are to slllooowwly add whole milk to her diet. She is up to 2-3 oz. in each bottle. So far, so good. And, she is our little carnivore. Ham, ground beef, turkey - she loves it all!


By the way, in 6 days she'll be 1! Wow!

No comments: