Thursday, March 16, 2006

My turn

Sorry I haven't posted in so long. Things here have been fine. Shelby is healthy (knock on wood) and her latest labs came back great! She is her usual full of energy-crazy self. A couple weeks ago we were at the play area at the mall and she took a spill that led to x-rays. They turned out fine and her limp is almost gone. We're thinking it was a sprained ankle. Riley is reading up a storm and her handwriting is beautiful. And she's only a kindergartener!!! She loves school and has been busy the past few weekends attending her classmates' birthday parties.

I turned 30 on the 2nd and have since fallen apart...just kidding! Its just that this week I had some chest pains that led to a doctor's visit only to be diagnosed with a slight case of pneumonia and costochondritis. So, I'm on a whopping dose of antibiotics and an anti-inflammatory. I feel fine except for the chest pain. Here's a picture from one of my birthday parties. Yes, I turned 30 and had 3 parties! Lucky girl I am! My Mom had a surprise party for me, my CDO class had a party for me, and Scott & I gathered our friends for a party at a local bar.

Please continue to hold our friends, Annika and Natalie, in your prayers. They are having tough times health-wise again. Also, we are excitedly awaiting the birth of our nephew. We can't wait to meet him!

I'll be doing an update Tuesday as
Shelby turns 4 that day! Unbelievable that my baby is turning 4!!!!!!!!

Take care everyone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, just checking in'.
Sounds like all is pretty well.
Happy Birthday :)

Love and Hugs,
Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jenn!

Love, Marisa

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated 30th Birthday Jennifer! You look great!! (picture). I saw your Mom today and the soon to be Birthday Girl Shelby. I told her I loved her new shoes. I just bought a pair of those for my granddaughter Sabrina (in orange, but liked the color Shelby had better). Tell Riley I was happy to hear that she is reading up a storm and has beautiful handwriting!! Take care now and I'll keep checking to see if your nephew has arrived yet!Karen Phelan

Amanda M said...

Happy belated Bday Jen,

Finally catching up, sorry it's so late...

Hope the costo went away...I had that after having acute viral bronchitis 2 yrs back...one of the most painful things ever...but then it went away. Woo hoo! Hope your costochondritis is all better!!