Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The saga continues

Shelby has not made it to school yet this week...and she probably won't. Monday included a visit to Dr. Deutsch, lab work, and an abdominal x-ray. Then, Monday evening we received a call that her lab work indicated some type of infection so we headed off to Immediate Care for more labs. Everything came back negative, but we did have some suspicion about her ears so today we saw the Pediatrician. She does have fluid in both ears and is now on antibiotics. So far...knock on wood...there has been no fever today. (Oops, I spoke too soon. I just took it and its climbing back up again.) The diarrhea seems to have gone away, but I think I'll be keeping her home the rest of the week to really get better before she heads back to germ-land next week.

Miss Riley had an appointment this morning with an ENT due to mouth-breathing, snoring, and horrible morning breath. He examined her tonsils and they are almost touching. He decided from everything I described that she has obstructive sleep apnea from them. So...September 12th she will be getting them and her adenoids removed. She has no clue yet. We'll talk to her about it the weekend before surgery. She has had general anesthesia before for an MRI a few years ago so I'm sure she'll do fine, but she's not one for pain, thank you very much! Recovery will be interesting...I'm excited for her, though, as I hear kids that get their huge tonsils removed feel much, much better afterwards.

Oh, and, I have a sinus infection on top of everything. We can't wait to be feeling healthy around here...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope things get better soon....grrr... for everyone.

Amanda said...

Sounds like you have your hands full over there cuz.... I hope everyone is well on their way to recovery. And good luck w/ Riley's surgery next week.