Wednesday, March 07, 2007

32 week check-up

Today I had my 32 week check-up. Drum roll, please...now I measure at 37 weeks!!! The midwife said "you measure full-term!" "Yikes!!!!!" (that's what I said.) She feels the baby is about 5 1/2 pounds by now, head down, butt up, all that good stuff. In 2 weeks they are going to do an ultrasound to get an estimated fetal weight. If she's really big, like they think, they'll just watch me. I think their hope is that I go 3 weeks early on my own like I did with Riley & Shelby. When I asked what would be done if Avery measures really big I was told that if they think she is going to be 10 or 11 pounds they'll offer me a c-section! Yikes again! Well, here I am big and miserable...











30 weeks



32 weeks

O.k., it doesn't look like much change in the pictures, but trust me, I got bigger.

Last Friday Shelby had an abdominal ultrasound done here in Rockford to check on the size of the cyst in her liver. The only thing we know yet is that the radiologist wasn't sure if it was the same or bigger so Dr. Superina (her surgeon in Chicago) needs to review those results and get back to us. Then on Monday she had some x-rays & a DEXA scan done in Chicago to see if her bones are "normal" yet. If so, she'll be able to discontinue taking Fosamax. I'll let you know when we hear on those results. We spent the rest of the day at Shedd Aquarium and had a great, but exhausting time. Waiting to see SpongeBob cartoon in 4D at Shedd Aquarium
Hangin' with SpongeBob


Oh, and Happy 31st Birthday to me last Friday. My Mom made me a chocolate pecan pie instead of cake, at my request, of course. Thanks Mom!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!
That is one big belly! I can't wait to meet Avery, the amazingly huge baby.