Sunday, January 18, 2009

Me and my van...

are having a rough few days. It all started on Friday when I left work. I was headed to the post office and someone hit the side of my van. I was turning left, had my blinker on and had slowed down and this person tried to pass me on the right. There was a vehicle parked on the right side there so to avoid hitting that she swung back in and hit me. She hit me so hard that I was heading west and ended up facing north. Everyone was o.k. (Thank God I was the only one in the van), but the passenger side of my van is crushed in and the back door is useless. The girl did not have her insurance card with her and ended up getting 3 tickets. Let's hope she has insurance...

Then today as we were unloading the van after church I was shutting the back hatch and somehow clocked myself in the face. I stumbled back quite a ways (Riley's observation) and Scott found me sprawled out on the driveway. I was coherent then, but think that I blacked out for a few seconds. Off to the ER we went where a head CT revealed a fractured nose and slight concussion. I hurt. I have Vicoden.

Me and my van are going to try to avoid each other for a few days.

2 comments:

Coralee said...

Good idea!

Mom

Chris said...

Glad your okay little sister. I think I know what to get your for your birthday...a helmet. What's your preference...hockey goalie or catcher style?

You'll have to get the girls on Skype here soon. I travel home Friday. Whatever the case, start them off learning a second language now. It's pathetic our lack of language skills compared to the rest of the world. Start them while they are young! Have Riley learn French so that she can teach me.