Friday, September 18, 2009

Guess where we are?

12:44 a.m.
Getting settled in our room @ Club Med RMH. Yup, she was admitted. What a hellish wait in the ER. Not a visit that will get high rankings from me when they send that little survey to us in the mail. Grrrr.....From what they've told me, her labs look o.k., but they want to keep her on IV antibiotics until her cultures come back...so that means we're probably here until Monday morning. My after school program starts on Monday and I have a weekend full of work so I'm not quite sure how this will all work out....but I'm thankful we're in Rockford and not Chicago. She finally passed out a few minutes ago and I'll do the same when the nurse is done taking her history and then the doctor comes in and examines her. Sigh...what a long day.
7:16 p.m.
Yup, its our 2nd trip to the RMH ER this week! Shelby came home from school not feeling well. Grammie assessed the situation as Shelby and Riley were to have a sleepover there, and I was called. I actually had a doctor's appointment after work because I've lost my voice...again! I'm fine, its just my body's reaction to allergies and/or a cold. I sound horrible, but just have some sinus congestion. Back to Shelby. By the time I got to my Mom's her temp went up even more and she did not look like herself and was just laying there. I (with my Mom as my voice) called Chicago and they said get her looked at. We're taking a gamble with coming to RMH because if she needs to be admitted, they may not accept her. It might be another ambulance transport to Chicago. We're hoping we get lucky (I know that's warped thinking) and maybe she has strep throat or something. Sure would be a liver infection. Updates to come...

By the way, I've been swamped with work so I didn't update on her finger like I said I would. Its broken. She snapped that little bone all the way through. We're lucky the bone didn't displace. Two more weeks of no gym and a splint. She's not a happy camper, especially with where we are right now.

2 comments:

Coralee said...

Hi, Shelby!!! We're thinking about you!
Love,
Grammie, Papa & Riley

moreena said...

Blerrrgh. I'll check in here to see how it goes. Crossing fingers that you'll be back in your own bed tonight.