Friday, June 05, 2009

7 years ago today...

I began writing this on Friday, but did not complete it then. I finally got around to working on it again today. :-) I hear many of you have wondered how we're doing. Please be reassured that no news is good news. I post so much during our rough times that its nice to take a break when all is calm.

Big Sister Riley holding less than a week old VERY jaundiced Shelby.

...Scott and I handed over our 10-week old Shelby to the amazing hands of Dr. Superina for exploratory surgery. That exploratory surgery turned into the Kasai procedure. We were so terrified sending her off to surgery and then even more scared when the phone call came from the OR saying that, indeed, she did have Biliary Atresia and they would be proceeding with the longer surgery. She stayed in the hospital for just under a week.

Shelby 7 years ago

What a long way you've come kiddo!

Shelby and Riley finished off the school year with wonderful report cards! We celebrated by taking them to Volcano Falls. Shelby LOVED the go-carts. Monday Shelby starts off with day-camp for a week and will do that 3 times this summer. Riley will have 6 weeks of various camps this summer with one being a Girl Scout sleep-away camp! I sure hope this Mommy survives the week ;~0 Riley is very excited.

Avery is funny, as usual. She enjoys her big sisters and has a bit of a temper, but is a "can do" kind-of little girl. Enjoy the pictures and videos!

Misc. Spring 2009

2 comments:

Fred and Carol said...

I am with you Jenn, no news is good news. I loved the pictures and video...hope we get to see everyone next month.

Love,
Auntie Lu and Uncle Freddie

Carolyn Michelle said...

Sounds like a crazy busy summer. :) Do you need a night out when I get home from Spain & France? Hehe, I miss the girls! See you on the 27th at SKC (if not before then??)
Lots of love,
Carolyn Michelle