Monday, June 29, 2009

The Sleep Study: Part 1

Part 2
All went well. Despite being grumpy that we were there, Shelby went right to sleep after watching a few short shows on Netflix. The technician had to come in several times in the night to adjust the nasal sensors, but Shelby rolled with it. I guess in a few weeks we'll know the results. One test down, 3 to go....

Part 1
She is not thrilled by any of this, but is doing really well. They have to hook up kids with more "things" than adults (or so I was told by the technician this evening). We'll see how the night goes. She drained my laptop battery so this will be short, but here are some pics I took with my phone. I'll update again tomorrow.


5 comments:

Buster said...

I'm sorry you have to go through this Shelby! I've had at least four sleep studies and they are no fun. It's funny that they attached all that to you and then tell you to sleep "normal". I love you.

Daddy

Coralee said...

Shelby, you could be a creature from outer space with all those wires!!! Mommy said you did a GREAT JOB with all that "stuff" on you! I'm very proud of you! See you at the family camp program on Thursday night.

Love,
Grammie

Anonymous said...

Holy cow Shelby! Those are some crazy hair extensions!!!! :D I'm glad it's over with!

Love you, and, as usual, we are praying for you.

Aunt Lori and Uncle Double Dirt :)

Carolyn Michelle said...

Oh my goodness!!! Is that Shelby or Darth Vader? Wow, I have no idea how you slept with all those wires, Shelby. That's amazing. Glad it went well.
Lots of love,
Carolyn

Fred and Carol said...

Shelby,

You looked just like Uncle Freddie did and the same amount of wires. Now they are doing the part 2 of the study cause he failed the first one....his oxygen level drops super low. Hang in there!

Love,
Uncle Freddie and Auntie Lu