Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Some news

This evening I heard from our wonderful friend, Adele.  She went through the donor testing process at Northwestern 12 days ago.  She talked to the nurse at Northwestern and was told that she is not a match to donate to Shelby.  She has some "goofy" arteries, just like Scott and I do.  So...back to the drawing board.  If you're on Facebook, I've posted all sorts of info on how you can find out if you might be a possible match for our Shelby.

We are so thankful that we have Adele in our lives!  So, she's not a match, but what she did was amazing!  Thank you, thank you, thank you Adele! 

I'm going a bit nutty here.  Tomorrow I'm asking that since we do not have a donor to use right now, and since another person being worked up and getting answers on their testing puts us at least 3 weeks from a transplant, if they will re-admit Shelby or send us home.  I miss my girls terribly, but if its medically best for Shelby to stay close, then they need to re-admit her.  She is de-satting too much here; I just have to move her for too many things.  I am getting no break and am drained...and we haven't even gotten to transplant.  Of course, if we go home, I'm going to need loads of help because Shelby will still require all the care I'm giving her, but at least we would be The Martin 5 again.

As always, we can use prayers for a liver for Shelby and now I ask for continuing strength for all of us - Scott, me, Riley, Shelby and Avery as we continue our time apart.  Please also send prayers of strength to my parents as they are they are helping out on the home front on a daily/nightly basis.  Thank you.

No comments: