Saturday, September 06, 2008

He hurts

I know he's all happy-smiley in the pictures I've posted, but that face has now turned into one that is in pain. Serious pain. His polar care machine broke down yesterday and by the time we figured it out the pain had gotten ahead of him. He also called the nurse to see if they would prescribe the stronger Norco for him. He is now on the strongest version there is of it and we have a new polar care machine, but is still hurting a lot. In fact, his surgeon called him this morning to check on him and said that if he doesn't have some relief by 4 or 5 this afternoon to call and he'll give him something stronger. He (the doctor) doesn't want to have to do that because stronger pain meds = higher rate of dependency, but Scott has to be able to rest so he can heal. The doctor also wasn't surprised he was in so much pain because he said he had to do a lot more to this shoulder than he had to do on the other one. My hunny is hurting and its killing me. Please say prayers for him to get some relief. Thanks!

As a follow-up on Avery & Riley. I did get them in to the Ped's office in the a.m. Riley does not have an ear infection, but swimmer's ear. Different type of treatment is needed for that so that is why she wasn't getting any relief from the antibiotics. Avery checked out great - just an off night for her. All 3 girls slept over at my parent's house last night so I could have a bit of a break. Good thing, too, as last night was really rough on Scott and I don't know how I would have dealt with children up in the night, too.

Also, please, please, please pray for our little friend Annika. She is very sick right now and the doctors don't know why.

No comments: