Sunday, September 28, 2008

What my girls do for fun

I wanted to write these things today, but I would really appreciate you going down to yesterday's blog entry and reading that, too. It contains VERY important information. Thank you!

I will do my best to type this exactly as Shelby wrote it. I'm a bit of a proof-reading nerd, so this is really hard to do, but part of the beauty of what you will read is in the way she sounds out her words to come up with their spellings. Enjoy!

Titl 1st Grade

Thar is a grad I rilly like it is 1st Grad! I love it becas I like the fun wrks I like the lunch it tast so good! That is wi I like 1st grad. Wen I feel alon that tells me to do a...fun wrck! I love 1st grad 1st grad is fun ya!

Isn't that awesome?!?! And I was worried about her starting with a new teacher this year. She loved Mrs. G so much, but Mrs. Schach is pretty cool in Shelby's eyes. I'm so happy for my little girl!

Now here is Miss Riley's latest creation. She was recently tested on her reading level at school. The guidelines are more rigorous than last year's testing, but she came out at a 7th/8th grade level! Wow! Now this is a song that Riley wrote because the Rockford schools are promoting "Pennies for Peace." Riley has really been taken by this movement; this song even has a dance routine. Soon I hope to post a video of her performing it.

Charity Song

Donate for Charity
Donate for Charity

Pennies, Quarters, Nickels and Dimes
I like to donate all the time.

(Reprise)

5, 6, 7, 8
Come on guys
Its not too late!

(P.S. Scott is doing much better. Physical therapy started last week (ouch), but overall things are progressing nicely. On the 6th he will be starting as a Program Instructor in the after school program where I work. Hopefully, unless a really, really, really, fantastically great can't-pass-up full-time job offer comes in, he will start at Rock Valley College as a full-time student in January. Very exciting!)

2 comments:

Coralee said...

Go Shelby!! I love your writing! Keep up the good work!!

Love you,
Grammie

Coralee said...

Riley, Keep up your creativity too. I love that you love to write. Good song!

Love,
Gram