Friday, May 21, 2010

Friday

12:03 p.m.
I can't believe its Noon already! Where has the morning gone?!?! We had a nice visit from Grammie, Avery, Grandma Nea and Papa DD as they did the Avery "switch-off" here at the hospital. Avery kept Aunt Lori busy all day yesterday and now today she'll run Grandma Nea and Papa DD ragged :-). This evening Grammie will spend the night with Shelby - she is so excited and keeps telling everyone about it!

She will have a PICC line placed sometime this afternoon after 2:30. She is not thrilled about it, but I think understands pretty well (for being 8 years old, at least) how hard it is to get to her veins now. She is not looking forward to the procedure, but will at least get sedated for it. She knows once its in, no more pokes for quite a while :-).

Riley is hanging in there good with school to keep her busy, but the weekend will be tough. Hopefully a good dose of being at home with Mommy & Daddy tonight will help. Please keep her in your prayers as it is so hard for her to work through all the feelings that Shelby's hospitalizations bring about. I don't talk about her as much as Shelby, but she is amazing. Just amazing. Brilliant and beautiful. My Ri.

Scott will finish up his first week of training here at RMH today - he is just a floor above us, in the same wing! This has been a trying week for us all as I am wrapping up the loose ends of my afterschool program, he is starting a new job and we are trying to make things as "normal" as possible for Riley and Avery.

Shelby's ANC fell again today, but her wbc went up. Huh? I don't know. If I could explain the whole white blood cell situation in layman's terms, I would. All I can provide is the links I already have.

Please continue to pray for her.

No comments: