Saturday, May 22, 2010

Saturday

11:46 p.m.
Oh yeah, found out that her 1-week-after-starting-Elavil (for chronic abdominal pain=functional pain) EKG showed even a more prolonged QT interval than the baseline one. Great. So her dose has been cut from 25 mg to 15 mg. She'll have another EKG probably on Monday to see if that has improved.

Hmmm, now I'm thinking I never "talked" about the prolonged QT interval. Well, it can happen when you're on Elavil and Shelby's was slightly prolonged to begin with so it took the docs (several of them) a while to decided whether or not she should even start the med. Its not a side effect I'm thrilled about at all.

5:39 p.m.
I asked the doctor if I could gown, glove and mask Shelby and take her OUTSIDE in the wagon for a bit and she said "O.k." THANK YOU! We spent just under an hour out of her room. It was good medicine! I added the pics of it to the album I referenced in the earlier post.

1:08 p.m.
Super Grammie spent the night with Shelby so this Mama could sleep in her own bed and love up her peeps! It was wonderful! The PICC line placement went fabulous. Her wbc dropped to 1.1 and her ANC is at 380. Grrrrr! Those numbers need to get their act together. I'll be heading up to RMH soon to relieve Super Grammie and then Daddy will be spending the night up there. Riley and Avery were super medicine for Mommy's soul! I love my girls! Snuggling with Scott wasn't too bad, either :-o :-)

Go to Wednesday's post to see pics updates. I keep adding them to that album. Here is a pic, though of her PICC line.


No comments: