Friday, November 06, 2009

Avery update; Shelby's tummy; Riley, a decade?

So, little Miss Avery finally started acting like herself after today's nap. She has not had a fever since Sunday, but, boy-o-boy, had a rough week. Now we have a 2 1/2-year-old who is very off her schedule. We'll get her back on track soon...I hope.

Shelby started having abdominal pain yesterday at school. She is on Tamiflu and she and Riley did get their H1N1 vaccinations yesterday morning, but I wasn't convinced that either of those had any thing to do with her tummy pain. Her abdomen was very distended so today I decided to have her looked at. An abdominal x-ray was ordered before we saw Dr. Deutsch's NP and, guess what, she's "backed up" AGAIN. So we (and I mean Grammie as Scott was working and I had a meeting) got to come home and start a "clean out." Its 10:18 p.m - she's had 5 capful's of Miralax and only pooped a little. Sorry to be so graphic. Tomorrow will be a long day, too, for her as we need to do the "clean out" again since we didn't accomplish much with the 1st round. She hates "clean outs" and I don't blame her one bit! Poor kid!

Riley...Riley....Riley...will be 10 in 9 days. No way - it just can't be! My 1st baby - 10! Yikes!

2 comments:

Coralee said...

So sorry to hear Friday's attempt weren't very profitable ! Ugh!! Also as to Riley being 10......IT HAPPENS!! My "baby" is 33 !!!!!!

Carolyn Michelle said...

Poor Shelby. I hope things are going more smoothly...no pun intended.
and Riley???
Ohmygosh, ten??? Ahhh!!! I remember when she was just a little thing!!! :) Wow.