Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sunday update

I think we have Shelby's abdominal pain under control, but now we need to investigate the "why." Why is this happening, what caused all this pain, why and will she continue the (now increased dose of) Levsin. Dr. Deutsch wants to see her tomorrow. I feel like this was all brought on by the medication given last week and now we are giving medication to do just the opposite - like her little intestines went in overdrive with the cramping and then didn't stop when the medication was stopped, thus leading to her being on medication to stop those cramps...but, its just going to lead her back to square one - the constipation and pain from that. I have been researching away about this. All I can find is that it can happen in (usually older) pediatric liver disease patients. Doctors can really never pinpoint a cause, nor quite find the medication to treat it. You just end up with a very miserable feeling kid until something else pushes them to transplant. Great. What a wonderful prognosis, but, of course, that's just the Dr. Mom diagnosis. I guess I'll let the real doctors have their hand at her, but I will fight and scream to get my kid out of pain!

Update tomorrow...

No comments: