Sunday, November 01, 2009

I HATE the flu!

9:21 p.m.
When Avery was going on almost 9 hours of sleeping, only waking briefly to change positions, we decided it was time for convenient care. What a waste of time. We are concerned about dehydration. We changed her first diaper at about 6:30 p.m. and it wasn't very wet. She did test positive for Influenza type A (no surprise there!) and they said her tonsils looked questionable, but couldn't get a good culture swab. The doctor said give it until tomorrow and then she might need to be admitted for fluids. I'm thinking, why wait, but I will be patient unless she worsens in the night.

Please send prayers to my baby.

10:49 a.m.
Shelby's temp keeps coming and going. She has a cough that comes and goes. She's on Day #3 of Tamiflu.

Scott seems backs to normal.

Avery...Avery, Avery, Avery. She bounced back on Friday, but her congestion slowly got worse. Today she woke up running a temp again and not looking good. I called the on-call Ped and she said unless she is having trouble breathing, do not take her in to be seen. Nothing can be done for her - too late to start the Tamiflu. This is scary stuff. I asked "how do I know when she's over it?" She replied "When she is symptom and fever-free for 2-3 days." Yikes! {{Sigh}} Back to sitting with my sick baby.

2 comments:

moreena said...

Jen--I'm so sorry to hear that everyone is sick! Yuck! I hope Avery is feeling better soon.

We're running through it ourselves, too. Annika was hospitalized up in
Chicago last week, and Frankie seems to have hit the pneumonia stage (but getting better, whew!) this week. It's awful because we started Anni on Tamiflu right away because we were so concerned, and I was feeling horribly guilty last night as I realized that I had just assumed Frankie would be fine.

Jenn said...

Oh no! You were in Chicago! Poor Anni! Yeah, I thought my "healthy" kid would do just fine, too. WRONG!