Monday, November 30, 2009

Monday

11:32 p.m.
Ascites the same as yesterday - no increase. Labs pretty "stable," but wbc has dropped enough to make her neutropenic. Neutropenic precautions are on her door now. Miralax was given to see if some stool is "backed up," but she's been going already...and a lot. I'm not sure if that's the answer, but right now she's sleeping so we'll go with that and see what the morning brings.

9:04 p.m.
I arrived at the hospital about an hour ago and noticed that Shelby looked different than when I left around 1 p.m. Her face is swollen and her tummy is HUGE. It measures 7 cm larger than yesterday and she weighs 1.2 kilos more than when we came in. Labs have been ordered stat and she'll be having an ultrasound here shortly. Crap, crap, crap....pray, pray, pray please. This is most likely ascites. I'll update when I can.

12:25 p.m.
Shelby decided last night that she wanted to go home so sleep was very hard to come by. She cried herself to sleep and then was up for the day at 4 a.m. A nap is definitely coming soon for her, but not for me as I will be heading off to work soon. Scott took the day off and is here until I come back to stay the night. I really can't wait to go to my Mom's after work to spend time with my Riley and Avery.

Not much has changed on the medical front. We still don't know what is causing all this. Her tummy still hurts, but she is able to eat. Her fever was gone this morning. I'll update again tonight. Prayers please...thanks.

1 comment:

Erica said...

My prayers are with you that Shelby starts feeling better soon, and the drs are able to figure out what is causing her pain.
Eden's Mom