Sunday, May 03, 2009

Sleep?

Well, I didn't quite sleep like I had hoped. I slept for about 2 hours, but when it was time to run Shelby's meds (about 12:30 a.m.) I just could not doze back off...for 3 hours! I tried going back and sleeping with Riley, then came back out to the living room where Shelby & Scott were sleeping. Finally I just surfed the net until I couldn't see straight and crawled back in bed with Riley & Shelby. I then was able to sleep for about 4 hours. I did sneak in a nap today, though. We were still at my parent's house, Scott took the big girls to the park, and Avery was napping. The girls had a fabulous time playing outside today. That made me sad, though. I'm scared to death to let them play outside at our house. Even with us out there with them. I wish that murder never happened. I want to go back to my little world where I believed everything was safe. It will be a long, long time before I feel anything like that again.

When we got home this afternoon we realized that we only have 2 salines to flush Shelby's PICC line. We should have 18! We panicked and called the supplier of her IV meds. We got out our packing slips from the supplies we have received so far and counted. Turns out they started shorting us on the 2nd delivery. We know this because I made a spreadsheet. You see, when she gets her antibiotics, you use 1 saline, then the antibiotic, another saline and then heparin. Our salines and heparins should match the number of antibiotics we have - they don't. So, midnight's dose should be all good, but we'll have to wait until they get here with supplies tomorrow morning (they're supposed to be here by 10 a.m.) to run her 8 a.m. dose. That means missing school most of the morning. Grrrr...

Here's for some rest tonight...

Please pray for Emerson. Her health has deteriorated so much and she really, really needs prayers.

No comments: