Monday, April 27, 2009

Sunday

Today went well. Shelby's temp stays in the high 99, low 100 range constantly. I will talk to Chicago tomorrow about it. Today we visited with my parents as they just returned home last evening from their trip to Oklahoma. The big girls had a blast playing in my parents' "bonus" room. Grammie & Papa even joined in on a game of charades for a while. Avery's hives seem to be calming down, but we're still giving her regular doses of benadryl. Daddy just hooked up Shelby for her infusion (12:37 a.m., o.k., technically Monday, but I haven't gone to sleep yet so its still Sunday to me) and I'm the one who will unhook her in an hour. As of right now Shelby is going back to school tomorrow and I am going back to work. I feel so distant from the "outside" world. Hard to believe that this time, a week ago, Shelby and I were in an ambulance on our way to Chicago. The worry is surfacing again. The pit of my stomach is churning. I've eaten so many chocolate chip cookies tonight and I still don't feel better! Please, stress-eating, work for me! ;-] O.k., deep breath...where is my crocheting?

3 comments:

Carolyn Michelle said...

Oh Jenn, I love your "Where's my crocheting?" I totally know the feeling...okay, not that I have a daughter whohas liver disease...but that I need something to mellow out with. Lots of love, and do you need more yarn?? :P
-Carolyn

Jenn said...

Carolyn,
I bought a bunch yesterday. Its no fun to just work on one project, ya know?! Thanks for the offer, though.

Karen Phelan said...

Just checking on Shelby and the rest of the family. People at church have been asking about updates. I shall relay the info!