Friday, April 03, 2009

Why sleep when you can...

worry?!?! I mean, why lay in a warm, cozy bed instead of staring at the internet so long your eyes are starting to cross?!?!?

Shelby's allergy appointment went well this afternoon. I asked to speak with the NP privately and explained to her the recent development. Since Shelby's symptoms (daily tummy pain, diarrhea & excessive drainage) have all disappeared with the removal of dairy from her diet, she sees no need to pursue the other foods right now. Phew! She gave us some different supplement samples to try, too. Shelby seemed excited about them because she is not thrilled about the current one.

While we were at the clinic we stopped by the hospital to pick up the oral CT contrast solution that she has to drink in the morning. I really don't think she'll mind that. Really. Between 6 and 8 a.m. she has to drink that at regular intervals and then we have to be at the hospital at 8:30 for her 10 a.m. test. I told her about her test while we were eating supper at Subway tonight. She started to cry and in a 7-year-old way cursed at her rotten liver. No she didn't really curse, but she did mumble enough for me to hear "rotten liver." I just told her that they needed better pictures of her insides and because the test took a while, its best that she napped through it. She was not as happy as I thought she'd be about the IV going in after she was put to sleep. She said "But, I'm good at getting IV's!" She did quickly remember that the gift shop at the hospital has Webkinz and "oh, if I do good can I have one please?" Sweety-pea, that's already in the works. Grammie is all over that one! Mom & I met at Target this afternoon for a little lets-help-the-stressed-out-Mommy-forget-about-things-for-a-while shopping. I bought Shelby an orange purse, orange chapstick, an orange notebook, an orange pen, orange tic-tacs, orange trident...do you see a theme here? Yes, orange is HER color. Most of the things I bought came in 2 or 3 packs and had pink so Riley will get those. Tomorrow night Shelby will stay at my Mom's for her sleepover that my Mom "owes" her. Oh yes, my girls keep track and Riley always gets ahead when Shelby is in the hospital.

Scott will be at class while Shelby is having her test done. He is always there for everything up until his CNA classes started. I know its killing him to not be with his little girl, but she understands. She is so proud to tell everyone she meets that HER Daddy is going to college to be a nurse.

I don't know when we'll get the results, but I'm sure I'll be on-line tomorrow once they take her back for her test. I'll update then.

Pray, please, pray...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll be saying prayers for a good test and better outcomes!
Mary O.