Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thursday

The PICC line

Getting her infusion this morning. She felt the need to get all dolled up with her fake ponytail and all.

6:10 p.m.
All is fine. Shelby's med has run o.k., Riley was fever-free and back to school, Scott got one of his make-up sessions completed and I got an antibiotic for a throat infection. Of course, that makes it all sound so smooth...it wasn't. Riley really did not want to go to school because "you just got my sister home to me and now you're making me leave her!" We talked a lot and there were many tears before I finally got her to school (late!) this morning. Scott's make-up session meant that he sat by himself in a room with a homework packet for a little over 3 hours and antibiotics and I don't mix intestinally-wise if you know what I mean. So, for now I'm feeling worse than better, but am hopeful that I'll be able to swallow without cringing in the next 24 hours.

No word on the biopsy. That's o.k. I didn't want to think about it today. I'm just enjoying being HOME.

4 comments:

Carolyn Michelle said...

So glad you are all home. I really really with I could come up and visit tonight but alas, I leave tomorrow and I've yet to pack. :/ Maybe I'll see you guys on Sunday? Hope you get to feeling better, Jenn. And I would have traded Scott, he could have taken my tests and I would have done his clinical. :P Love you guys!
-Carolyn

Fred and Carol said...

Shelby, we are so glad to see you smiling. Take care sweetheart.

Jenn, feel better soon!

Scott, keep studying!

Riley, we am glad you feel better.

Avery, keep entertaining everyone.

Love,
Uncle Freddie and Auntie Lu

Anonymous said...

God bless! Glad to hear things are smoothing out. Jenn have some yogurt everyday.
Mary O.

Anonymous said...

Glad you're home...I never thought to take a picture of any of N's picc lines...you're too clever!