Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goodbye 2011...

12.31.11

Today we had a great visit from my parents.  It was a nice, calm day.  Shelby got some good time alone with Grammie & Papa and I got to take a nice, long shower at the Kohl's House.  We have our room all decorated for New Year's.  We will celebrate "midnight" around 11 p.m.  One of the nurses was really awesome helping me think up a way to make a ball like (sort-of) the one in Times Square.  Can't wait to post the confetti-mess that will come soon...you'll have to see the pics tomorrow.

I am amazed we have been inpatient for 15 days now...she's been on the waiting list for 113 days.  Wow.  You'll probably say "what?!," but sometimes I forget that we're waiting for THAT CALL.  I am so wrapped up in each day, that I forget sometimes.  I sit down to write here and then I see the counter ticking away...oh yeah.  I so wish we were at home, especially knowing that we could still be waiting here a LONG time, but I still know that this is the safest place for Shelby.  This part of our life seems so surreal.  I cannot believe Scott and I are excited for THAT CALL.  We can't wait!  We want our little girl to be able to work on healing, not sliding down this slippery slope.  Maybe tonight or tomorrow "it" will come.  Would be a great way to bring in the new year.  Always hoping and praying...

May you all have a blessed new year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying that Shelby gets her new Liver soon! I check in here often and pray for her often!

Michelle said...

I am praying for a liver for Shelby to come soon. I can't wait for an update that says Shelby got her liver and is working on healing. I continue to pray and admire your strength.