Monday, March 16, 2009

Chicago tomorrow

Well...so far, so good (shhh, I don't want Shelby's body to hear that!). A low-grade temp Sunday night gave me a bit of a scare, but it magically disappeared by morning. Today she ate and played good. She is having some pretty big worries, or "bad thoughts," as she calls them. She just came off a rough 9 days, though; I think those "bad thoughts" are normal and to be expected. I can take many pictures of her smiling and happy, but there are many moments of upset and tears.

Scott started his 7-weeks of CNA classes today. When he's done around Noon tomorrow, we'll zoom off to Chicago for a 2:30 p.m. abdominal ultrasound to check on the pesky cyst(s) and then we have 3:30 clinic. It will be a lllloooonnnnggg day. I will update throughout the afternoon. Prayers please. We need to come up with a plan to deal with Shelby's low white blood cell count. Thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, I am so glad to read that Shelby has stabilized (knock on wood)and I am sending out prayers for her! She has been through enough already! Hang in there! Your LF friend, Laura Boyer