Thursday, November 13, 2008

Shelby's saga continues...

Shelby's tummy pain has increased the past few days and loud gurgling sounds are coming from her abdomen. There is some concern that she might have a partial bowel obstruction. I just spoke w/the GI doctor around 4:45 p.m today and already an Upper GI w/small bowel follow-through is scheduled for 9 a.m. tomorrow morning. Please hold her in your prayers.

(P.S. Keep Riley in your thoughts, too. Saturday is her birthday and last year her sister spent it in the hospital. A repeat of last year? I hope not! Riley loves her Sissy and hates to see her in the hospital, but is VERY excited about her birthday and I would really hate for anything to get in the way of her celebrating. Thanks!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. Bowel obstructions are no fun at all. The good news is they can be fixed! We'll be checking in tomorrow for results. We're praying for little Shelby.
The Owens

Anonymous said...

Prayers are coming sweet Shelby. We love you.

Anonymous said...

Waiting to hear the news today, and hoping for a big all-clear.

Carolyn Michelle said...

All I can think when I hear this is "oh no!" I'm praying hard for the girls (well, all of you, really). I'm hoping that my family and will be able to make it to Riley's party. I have come down with a cold and (unless it gets a ton better through tonight) I won't be dragging it into your house. The last thing you all need is more sickness!! You are in my prayers.
Love,
Carolyn